Saturday, July 27, 2019

CNN Anchor Victor Blackwell Chokes Up on Air After Trump Rips ‘Infested’ Baltimore
By Jon Levine
July 27, 2019 5:51pm

A CNN anchor got choked up on air Saturday after President Trump ripped Rep. Elijah Cummings and the city, calling it “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

“Donald Trump has tweeted more than 43,000 times. He’s insulted thousands of people, many different types of people. But when he tweets about infestation, it’s about black and brown people,” Victor Blackwell said.

“The president says about Congressman Cummings’ district that no human would want to live there,” Blackwell continued.

“You know who did, Mr. President? I did, from the day I was brought home from the hospital to the day I left for college, and a lot of people I care about still do.”

It’s far from the first time the president’s words have triggered waterworks on CNN. Morning host Alisyn Camerota needed a tissue in January 2018 when discussing the president’s remarks on “s–thole countries.”

“I don’t know why this one makes me so emotional,” Camerota said.

No comments: