Friday, September 22, 2006

Letter From Min. Louis Farrakhan on His Present Health Condition

Letter From Minister Louis Farrakhan on His Present Health Condition

(FinalCall.com) - The Following letter by the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan was published in Volume 25, Number 48 edition of The Final Call Newspaper. Dated September 11, 2006, the letter was addressed to All Laborers and Believers of the Nation of Islam and Supporters.

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan
National Representative of The Honorable Elijah Muhammad
and the Nation of Islam

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

September 11, 2006

To All Laborers and Believers of the Nation of Islam and Supporters,

I think it is proper that you are made aware of my health condition. As you know, I have been suffering from the after-effects of an extremely high dose of radiated seed implantation that indeed killed the cancer cells that had broken the prostate capsule, but over time, these seeds have done severe internal damage. I am more than fortunate. I am blessed by Allah (God) to be alive.

Last year, 2005, five years after a major operation in November 2000, I had a colonoscopy to examine the colon to make sure that no other complications had arisen. At that time, the probe did not detect any significant change in the condition of my colon, but early in 2006, I began to have pain in the anal area, similar to the pain that I had in 1998-1999.

On my trip to Cuba to learn of disaster management preparedness, I spent most of my time there being examined and tested by some of the finest doctors in Cuba. They discovered an ulcer in the anal area, similar to the ulcer that I had in 1998-1999 that almost caused the loss of my life. The doctors in Cuba felt that my health at that time was near perfect, except for that ulcer; but from that time, March 2006, I have been steadily fighting serious pain and infection. In the last month, I had lost nearly 15 lbs. and over the last six weeks, I have lost over 20 lbs. So, I decided to go back to the hospital at Howard University to have my original doctors assess my condition.

I was thoroughly dehydrated, anemic, and low in protein, albumen and iron. Although I have some of the finest cooks who always prepare the finest meals for me, I was in a seriously nutritionally depleted state, because the pain that I was in took away my appetite. The Howard University doctors discovered serious infection and inflammation, which is presently being treated, and now I am forced to do what is necessary to restore myself nutritionally. Otherwise, my present condition could be life threatening.

Therefore, in this period of testing, I am postponing indefinitely all engagements, meetings and appointments so that I can concentrate, with Allah's (God's) Help, to bring myself back to a state where I may be able to continue to serve the rise of our people. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad in the days of His serious illness said, "My illness is a test for those around me." This is a test, not only for me, but it is a test for the members of the Nation of Islam, as well.

In this period of testing, you can prove to the world that the Nation of Islam is more than the charisma, eloquence and personality of Louis Farrakhan. In this period of testing, you can prove that the Nation of Islam is under-girded by an Idea that represents the Kingdom of God on Earth, an Idea that can never be uprooted, never be destroyed and can only increase its power, effect and influence over the hearts and minds of the people of the Earth. In this period of testing, you can prove that the Nation of Islam, a body of people submitting to the Will of Allah (God), is more than the physical presence of any individual, and that it will live long after I and we have gone, because it is rooted in an Idea that comes directly from Allah (God) Himself.

I will be available to give guidance in any major situation that may arise, but I would prefer that the Executive Board of the Nation of Islam help to solve the problems of the Nation, without asking me. Then, at this time of testing, it will show me that you are ready to move beyond personality to live and function on the principles that make personalities attractive.

In closing, Commandante Fidel Castro had a very serious operation and he relinquished power to his brother and all those who were trained to carry on in his absence. While many rejoiced-believing and thinking that, if Fidel Castro and the Cuban Revolution expired, they could move Cuba and the Revolution in a new direction-his absence from the helm only proved that Cuba will not fall apart over the absence or passing of their illustrious leader.

Such a challenge is before us. I accept the challenge to work as hard as I can to come back to a nutritionally strong and healthy body, as much as can be expected given my overall condition, so that I can continue to serve because I do not believe that my earthly work is done. I know that you (the Believers) will accept the challenge to move our Nation forward, being ever watchful for any smart, crooked deceiver and hypocrite who would create confusion over my present condition.

Best wishes to all for our success. I pray that Allah (God) will bring me before you again soon.

I Am Your Brother and Servant,

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan
Servant to the Lost-Found
Nation of Islam in the West

No comments: