Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nelson Mandela Inspires Naomi Campbell

Nelson Mandela inspires Naomi Campbell

London, Oct 20 (IANS) Super model Naomi Campbell has revealed that she looks up to former South African president Nelson Mandela for inspiration when times get tough for her.

The British beauty has formed a close bond with Mandela since their meeting in early 1990s and he fondly refers to her as his "honorary granddaughter".

She says his fight for freedom during South Africa's apartheid gives her the strength to overcome her troubles, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"I have to pinch myself sometimes because who in the world doesn't want to know Nelson Mandela? But I've been extremely blessed to have been in his presence many times...He's someone who I often think about when things get tough and life isn't full of roses. Nothing can be as hard as what he went through," she said.

"Now, I don't have his constitution for forgiving. I hope one day to acquire that. But I don't hold grudges either. When things happen, I just kind of want to move away from them for a while and hope that things will come back in a more positive light," she said.

Printed from http://www.mangalorean.com

No comments: