Basil Ali of American Muslims for Palestine joined with anti-war and solidarity organizers to oppose the new round of government repression. Targeted activists refused to testify before a grand jury on Jan. 25, 2011 in Chicago. (Photo: Abayomi Azikiwe), a photo by Pan-African News Wire File Photos on Flickr.
Workers, communist parties declare solidarity with FRSO in fight against repression
Posted on June 1, 2011
by The Marxist-Leninist
Fight Back News Service is circulating the following resolution adopted by workers and communist parties gathered at the International Communist Seminar in Brussels, Belgium, May 13-15. The statement expresses solidarity with Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), along with other anti-war and international solidarity activists who are facing repression in the United States. The resolution was signed by 42 parties.
Resolution in solidarity with the Freedom Road Socialist Organization against new McCarthyism
The undersigned participating at the 20th International Communist Seminar in Brussels, Belgium, May 13-15, 2011, denounce the U.S. Government repression of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), its leaders, and its allies in the anti-war and international solidarity movements.
The FRSO members are under attack due to their support for the struggles of the people of Palestine and Colombia. The FRSO members and friends are accused of “material support for terrorism” because they organize protest against U.S. wars for Empire in the Middle East, against U.S. aid to Israel, and against U.S. military intervention in Colombia. The U.S. Government is claiming the publishing of articles and opinions favorable to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) in the newspaper “Fight Back” constitutes a crime. We reject this criminalization of political speech and organizing.
We denounce the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) raids targeting the homes and offices of progressives and revolutionaries. We demand an end to secretive Grand Jury where there is no judge and activists are not even allowed a lawyer. We applaud the 23 solidarity activists’ refusal to appear and speak at the Grand Jury despite the threat of imprisonment.
As internationalists, we support organizing in solidarity with people and movements struggling against U.S. imperialism.
We stand in solidarity with the FRSO against this new McCarthyism.
List of signatories
1. Albania, Communist Party of Albania
2. Azerbaidjan, Communist Party of Azerbaidjan
3. Belarus, For the Union and the Communist Party of the Union
4. Belgium, Workers’ Party of Belgium
5. Brazil, Partido Pátria Livre
6. Bulgaria, Party of Bulgarian Communists
7. Congo, Democratic Republic of, Congolese Communist Party
8. Cuba, Partido Comunista de Cuba
9. Egypt, Communist Party of Egypt
10. El Salvador, Partido Comunista de El Salvador (PCS)
11. France, PRCF – Pôle de Renaissance communiste en France
12. France, URCF – Union des Révolutionnaires-Communistes de France
13. Greece, Communist Party of Greece (KKE)
14. Guyana, People Progressive Party
15. Hungary, Hungarian Communist Workers’ Party
16. Italy, Rete dei Comunisti
17. Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Workers’ Party of Korea
18. Latvia, Socialist Party of Latvia
19. Lebanon, Parti Communiste Libanais
20. Lithuania, Socialist Party of Lithuania
21. Lithuania, Socialist People’s Front
22. Malta, Communist Party of Malta
23. Martinique, Parti Communiste Martiniquais
24. Mexico, Partido Comunista de México
25. Mexico, Partido Popular Socialista de México
26. Morocco, Voie démocratique
27. Pakistan, Communist Party of Pakistan
28. Palestine, Palestinian Communist Party
29. Peru, Partido Comunista Peruano
30. Philippines, Communist Party of the Philippines
31. Russia, Communist Party of the Russian Federation
32. Russia, Russian Communist Workers’ Party – Revolutionary Party of Communists
33. Russia, Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU)
34. Slovakia, Communist Party of Slovakia
35. South Africa, South African Communist Party
36. Spain, Partido Comunista de los Pueblos de España
37. Sweden, Communist Party (KP)
38. Syria, Syrian Communist Party
39. Tunisia, Parti du Travail patriotique et démocratique de Tunisie
40. Turkey, Communist Party of Turkey
41. Ukraine, Union of Communists
42. United Kingdom, Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist)