Sunday, June 23, 2019

SA EXPRESS SUBCONTRACTOR AT ZONDO COMMISSION: I WAS USED FOR SHADY DEALINGS
Tlatsana who was the sole director of Koroneka Trading and Projects implicated SA Express manager Brian van Wyk in her testimony on Saturday.

Bonga Dlulane
Eyewitness News

JOHANNESBURG - The state capture commission has heard allegations from Babadi Tlatsana who a subcontractor for South Africa Express, in the North West, on how her company was used to do shady dealings.

Tlatsana who was the sole director of Koroneka Trading and Projects implicated SA Express manager Brian van Wyk in her testimony on Saturday.

She testified that her company received R9 million for asset management and financial services in 2015 and the money left her company's accounts to an unknown company called Neo Solutions.

Tlatsana, who said she was used, claimed she was told by Van Wyk that the money was for trucks and security cameras at North West airports which were never bought.

“That was my concern and torture; that I don’t know what is going on and no one is saying anything. I think I was in a confused state.”

Tlatsana said she decided to start recording her conversations with Van Wyk: “After I spoke to my father, he said I must record these people because he thought their intentions were to put me into trouble with all these monies. That’s when I began to record every conversation.”

ARRESTED FOR FRAUD

It has emerged that Tlatsana was arrested in December 2016 for fraud.

The charges related to her company, which was tasked to handle grounds work at two airports in North West and Mafikeng.

Tlatsana said she was suspected of illegal activities and arrested in 2016 on allegations of paying powerful politicians and money laundering.

“I was charged with fraud, in relation to the business of the first respondent,” she said.

She was granted bail of R500,000 and the case was provisionally withdrawn and her bail money returned to her.

No comments: